Vitruvian character sheets for old-school D&D

On a whim I whipped up some OD&D and Swords & Wizardry character sheets for a forthcoming one-shot of Rafael Chandler's excellent Bad Myrmidon. As I had ancient Greece on my mind, it seemed only fitting to make use of da Vinci's Vitruvian man as a template. Those Renaissance guys had Antiquity on the mind much of the time.

There are male and female versions. I wish I could credit the creator of the Vitruvian woman image.  It's from a Hebrew-language website displaying many variations on the da Vinci original but without any attributions that I can find.

The versions for OD&D use a to-hit bonus rather than a THAC0 or equivalent ('cuz that's how I roll). Alignment is replaced by Deity.

Download:
Vitruvian OD&D character sheet (male)
Vitruvian OD&D character sheet (female)










In the Swords & Wizardry edition below, the placement of Charisma is open to question, but it serves as a convenient fig leaf if nothing else.

Download:
Vitruvian S&W character sheet (female)
Vitruvian S&W character sheet (male)










Since we're on the topic, there's a nifty system-neutral Vitruvian character sheet over at Intwischa.com and a charming Tunnels & Trolls sheet at Trollhalla.

Of course I'd really like all my character sheets to look like Logan Knight's, but alas we don't all have that kind of talent.

Comments

Lum said…
I have some new ideas about what save vs paralysis might be used for...
Lum said…
In seriousness, these are nice and clear.

Popular Posts