My RPG profile


I'm Peter (Peter C on the now-defunct Google+), a Canadian living on the west coast. I started playing RPGs in 1981 or 1982; the first game I owned was the Moldvay Basic box set. It was a gift. (Thanks, John!) The first game I bought was the Cook/Marsh Expert box. I went through a long hiatus from pen-and-paper elfgames (circa 1986–2004) because I thought they were childish. I have since been disabused of that mistaken notion — this happened around the time I became a stepdad to a boy whose fascination with fantastic stories helped rekindle my own. My re-discovery of the joys of old-school gaming came via the Dragonsfoot.org forums in 2007 (screen name Mak); I subsequently migrated to Google+ for its vibrant OSR and RPG communities and am now, like many others, somewhat adrift, Internet-wise, in the wake of that platform's demise in 2018–2019.

In August 2020 I wrapped up a face-to face 5th-edition D&D campaign set in a loose adaptation of the late N. Robin Crossby's Hârn. It had run for five years and through ninety-four sessions, taking the player-characters to 20th level. From February 2019 to August 2020 I ran an online B/X D&D game set in the same world. It's currently on hiatus while I re-think the setting. In 2020–21 I ran a few adventures to try out various settings and systems (Star Wars d6, some cyberpunk stuff) and played in a The Curse of Strahd campaign with an exceptional group of RPers. Currently I'm playing in an amazing monster-of the-week campaign (inspired by TV shows like Supernatural and The X-Files) set in contemporary BC using a homebrewed set of rules. We've had over 65 sessions so far. In March 2023 I began running a Traveller campaign set in the Distant Fringe.

Games I'd especially like to play: The One Ring, Numenéra, Troika!, classic Traveller, Pendragon, Savage Worlds, Coyote & Crow, Call of Cthulhu, DCC RPG and MCC RPG.  Actually, I'm willing to try pretty much anything. 

Where to find me online to talk about elfgames and other nerdy stuff:

  • This blog
  • Discord: Peter C(#5254)

Comments

Popular Posts